Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Triple Something Hot Water

I woke up this morning with the thought I need something warm to drink. Perhaps it was the first night that I actually felt cold with the windows open and no blankets (I knew I would be too lazy to make my bed this morning) and I wanted something to warm me up. Or perhaps it's because in celebration of the fact that choir auditions were over (or so I thought) and I missed being able to drink milk. Or perhaps it was because hot chocolate has always been a de-stresser for me and I kind of needed that to get me through my long Wednesday (I have 6 classes on Wednesdays...yay double majoring). Whatever the reason really was, I decided I wanted hot chocolate. Actually, to be more specific, I wanted a white chocolate steamer to go with my Honey Smacks. So, I took my giant University of Portland mug and filled it about 3/4 the way full with water, and heated that in the microwave for about a minute and a half, so it was steaming. Meanwhile, I ate all of my bowl of Honey Smacks.
Then, I added my leftover milk to the water, and stirred.
Next, I took the white hot chocolate mix my mother gave me for Easter. The container was a glass Eiffel Tower, filled with what I swear my mother told me was white chocolate, though it was unlabled when she gave it to me. I used one spoonful an it didn't quite taste right. So I added another. And another. And then one last one just to be safe. After stirring, it still didn't taste right, so I decided it must have been powdered vanilla or something.
So, I decided to add some flavor. My roommate happened to have some chocolate, so I took what was there (3 chunks of Hershey's milk chocolate with almonds) and added it to my drink, allowing the chocolate to melt in the heat and stirring until it was uniform. This still didn't taste ok.
So, I decided to add Nutella. I happen to have a Costco pack of Nutella because Nutella is my favorite thing in the whole wide world. So, I added one spoonful of Nutella. Still not good so I added one last, declaring that if it didn't taste good, I was done trying. It still didn't taste good and I only had 10 minutes to get to class, so I gave up and dumped it down the sink.
So, long story short, DON'T DO WHAT I DID!

No comments:

Post a Comment