Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tummy Achin', Milkshakin', Test Takin' Wednesday

I feel like this week just sucks in general. I don't know if it's just because it's no longer the first week of classes so I no longer have the awesome excitement that I had last week. Or, it might just be one of those weeks. But today, the worst day of my week, is especially awful. I woke up with a stomach ache. I've had the same pain in my stomach off and on the past couple of days. I think it's just the heat and the physical activity of walking all over campus, and the climbing in and out of my awfully heighted bed, in combination with the fact that I bruised my abdominal wall a few years ago and my side just occasionally acts up. Whatever the cause, it's getting on my last nerve. Choir on Monday and today has been especially difficult because taking deep breaths physically hurts and this week in choir (especially today) we've been working on our breaths. Ugh.
But anyway, with a stomach ache and no appetite, I made myself some toast and forced myself to class. And then another class. And then to studying, finishing off the last of my yogurt covered pretzels. And then to choir practice. And then another class, which had a test I didn't know about. And then one more class, which had a quiz I did know about (I only got the chance to eat a granola bar before this class, but I really wasn't hungry anyway). And then, finally, I went back to my room and took some ibuprophen and...wait for it...went to my freshman workshop right after. Right now is the first real time that I've gotten to sit down in my room, and because of that, I have not made anything interesting today. But...some good news.
On horrible days like today, there are few foods that can make a dent in improving the day. Cookie dough, cake batter, greasy burgers, and smooth milkshakes. I got to have two of those today with my freshman workshop group. We went to this nifty burger shop in St. John's, and I devoured a cheeseburger sans tomates and a wonderfully textured vanilla milkshake. They were good enough to make me stop forgetting about my still aching stomach, but not so good that I'm going to make myself fat by going there every day of the week. Both of which are good things.
Although this blog post contains very little information about food, it contains one new thing. An off campus dinning experience. There's a first for everything. And probably a second and third time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment