Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oreo Cupcakes

When I'm stressed, I bake. Something about stirring and mixing and concocting is just so soothing. It happened that one of my friends' birthdays was the same week as midterms, so I decided to make her some cupcakes. Ok, more than just some. A LOT of cupcakes. The first half were Oreo cupcakes.


Ingredients:
1 package of yellow cake mix
5 eggs
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 1/3 cups of milk
1 package of Oreos

Recipe:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
While the oven is preheating, using a mixer (electric or manual) mix the cake mix, milk, butter, and eggs in a large bowl.
Then, crumble 3/4 of the package of Oreos. Add them to the batter using a spoon or similar until thoroughly combined.
Next, pour the batter into a cupcake pan lined with baking cups.
Next, bake for 18-21 minutes, using a toothpick to determine if the cupcakes are cooked thoroughly.
Finally, allow them to cool before frosting. I frosted with this frosting recipe and topped with halved pieces of Oreos.



I really liked making these cupcakes. They were the perfect way to destress during midterms. Plus, my friend liked getting these for her birthday, too. If you're going to do a cookies and cream cupcake, I highly recommend this recipe. These cupcakes had the perfect balance between the tastes of chocolate and of yellow cake. I plan on using this recipe again.


Dorm Food

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments:

Post a Comment